Casual Part Time Lift Operator
You will be part of the lift operations team at Christchurch Adventure Park.
You will be the face of CAP, with guests often seeing you more than any other staff at the park, your engagement and positive interaction can often be the highlight of a guest's day.
Your position is an integral part of the Park being a success!
Responsibilities and Duties (including but not limited to)
- Guest safety on and around chairlifts.
- Providing a high standard of guest interaction in an often fast-paced environment.
- Operation of lift in accordance with department procedures and policies;
- Assisting in loading and unloading guests and bikes from the chairlift.
- Greeting customers and acting as general Park liaison;
- Daily set-up, running, and routine housekeeping of lift areas;
- Completing daily lift logs for each shift;
- Working with Patrol to ensure the lift opens on time;
- Assisting Patrol with opening and closing trail sweeps as required;
- Working outside for extended periods of time in a variety of sometimes harsh weather conditions;
- Working independently or in a small team to accomplish daily tasks;
- Providing an excellent customer experience;
- Leading safety around all parts of the chairlift operation, including base area/drive station and top station loading and unloading zones.
- Reporting to the Lift Operations Team Lead around daily operational needs.
- Working closely with the maintenance team to report any repair work or need for maintenance around the lift;
- Reacting quickly to changing needs, potentially in high-pressure situations;
- Prioritising guest and team safety at all times;
- Basic troubleshooting and fault-finding around the lift to support maintenances work;
- Engage in positive relationship building with all guests from regular/annual pass holders to our one-off guests;
- Assisting or working in other departments as required.
- Experience working with chairlifts, gondolas, or other ropeways preferred (Doppelmayr advantageous);
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to new systems;
- Proven ability to create positive rapport with guests in a guest experience-focused environment.
- Well-developed ability to communicate effectively under pressure;
- physical and mental ability to perform work while;
- Experience in operating machinery preferred;
- Safety conscious, vigilant, and able to respond quickly within the workspace;
- Strong understanding of reporting of inspections, daily operating logs, and incident reporting in a workplace;
- Strength and stamina required to work with heavy equipment weighing in excess of 23kg;
- Ability to work both as part of a team or alone for extended periods;
- Willingness to work outdoors in challenging physical conditions for extended periods;
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and public holidays regularly;
- An excellent working knowledge of the English language, written and oral;
- The legal right to work in New Zealand for the duration of your contract;
Competitive rates and great perks when you become part of the CAP team
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and Covering Letter to: