Duty Manager / Front of House Supervisor
We have an awesome opportunity that doesn't come around too often to join the Christchurch Adventure Park crew as our Lead Duty Manager. Most of our guests will eat or drink at our cafe during their visit to the Park, so the cafe can get pretty busy during peak times. We're looking for that person who will give the same excellent service to the first and last person they serve each day, and keep that positive professional demeanour with their teammates too.
CAP is home to Aoteaora’s highest and longest ziplines, with mountain biking trails for all abilities, uphill walking trails, a retail shop and a chilled café. CAP’s ethos is one of active wellness – both physical and mental. Our crew love sharing the Adventure Park with our guests, and our Cafe team can leave a lasting impression on the Park. Working in a woodland setting and bringing your leadership skills to make a positive impact at one of Christchurch's leading attractions.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to create an awesome customer experience, have a strong background in the cafe or tourism industries and are happy to learn then we want to hear from you.
Your duties will include:
- Establishing and maintaining CAPs reputation as the place to go for a quality meal and excellent customer service
- Managing / leading Front of House team; management of staff on shift, rosters,
- Responsibility for alcohol consumption onsite while acting as Cafe Duty Manager
- Training of staff in the responsible serving of alcohol;
- Training and ongoing support of the front of house team with regard to the provision of “excellent customer service;
- Constantly looking at how CAP café can improve the customer experience by delivering a high standard.
- All aspects of front of house service including barista and bar service; cleaning, serving and customer exceptional customer service
- Keeping the café gleaming;
- Understanding and adherence to food hygiene and health & safety standards
- Ordering and working with suppliers as required.
- Maintaining a safe working environment.
- Managing events, working closely with customers, kitchen, guest services & any 3rd parties to ensure a seamless and smoothly run event;
- Accountable for cash takings and till management. Authorisation of refunds if required
- Ability to manage potential conflict (either staff or intoxicated customers) ensuring professionalism at all times.
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and Covering Letter to