CAP is looking for a general maintenance person who is practical and has a good basic knowledge of buildings, working with contractors and delivering a high level of service delivery to ensure the operation runs smoothly.
The role will report to the Maintenance Manager and involve all things maintenance within the Park. From building services, water management, vehicles, grounds and work closely with the manager on lift maintenance. Perfect for someone who wants to develop their skills and take ownership of specific areas. Great long term potential for the right candidate.
- Maintenance and upkeep of village buildings, stormwater system and vehicle fleet;
- Working closely with the Maintenance Manager and Dopplemayr to undertake routine maintenance on the lift.
- Prioritising guest and team safety at all times
- Liaising closely with third party contractors such as electricians and plumbers to undertake specialist maintenance work as required.
- Rubbish management - transferring rubbish from the village locations to the Operations area;
- Following thorough processes and documentation around inspection, maintenance and repair works of all plant and workings in the Adventure Park including, but not limited to, the chairlift, vehicles, village buildings
- Working to maintenance schedules
- Assist Lift Operators by covering breaks;
- Assist with basic landscaping including mowing, trimming and weeding around the village
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Full NZ Drivers’ license with manual endorsement;
- Ability to work outdoors in potentially challenging conditions for long periods of time;
- Strength and stamina required to work with heavy equipment weighing in excess of 23kg;
- Comfortable working at heights
- Ability to comprehend and troubleshoot mechanical systems;
- Experience with rigging, a trade or mechanical understanding is a bonus
- Experience in a self-starting/self-managing role in order to get the job done.
- Confident use of the English language, written and oral;
- The legal right to work in New Zealand
The Christchurch Adventure Park is a smoke-free workplace.
If you send a CV and a cover letter to us, outlining your fit for the role and why you want to work at CAP (not a generic "fire-off the CV" approach) then you're miles ahead of other candidates ... just saying!!