Patrol & Lift Operations Supervisor
We are looking for a highly experienced and qualified Patrol & Lift supervisor to run our on hill teams.
You will have the customer at the heart of everything that you do while having a strong focus on health & safety, process and technical skills in order to run an efficient operation.
The ideal candidate will work well under pressure and get along with a wide variety of people. This role is part of the senior leadership team at the park and is instrumental in our day to day operation.
Liaise and report directly to the Operations Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties (including but not limited to)
- The Patrol Supervisor will directly oversee; Patrol Ops Sheet, morning meeting, field work, cross over notes, rostering, first aid ordering and payroll.
- Overseeing and managing the Lift Operations team. Rostering of staff to suit operational requirements
- Work alongside Operations Manager to help organise, manage trainings both internally and externally of Patrol with accurate recording and training logs.
- Leading safety around all parts of the chairlift operation, including base area and top station loading, unloading zones and in accordance with department procedures and policies;
- Overseeing training and SOP development for the Lift Department. Taking an active role in leading Lift Evacuation, Tower rescue and Rope Access;
- Ensuring daily lift logs are completed for each shift;
- Prioritising Guest and Team safety on and around chairlifts;
- Liaise directly with CAP Doctor surrounding Status 4- patients. and handover of all accident information forms.
- Organising Drug Training for new Patrol members and existing development for current staff.
- Adhere to all operational and safety procedures are met and inform Operations Maanger of any unsafe practices.
- Help refine and develop Patrol’s First Aid systems and procedures.
- Providing front-line interaction with guests in a high-pressure tourism business;
- Administering First Aid in outdoors in potentially challenging conditions;
- Due diligence in handling and recording of all accident information forms;
- Marking trails and maintaining signage in the Park;
- Ensuring safe trail conditions are met for all guests and staff;
- Maintaining and repairing bike trails to ensure the safest possible experience with the least impact on the environment;
- Sweeping trails pre-opening and after last chair;
- Providing First Aid for events;
- Daily weather observations and weather reports;
- Updating trail status and conditions for the public;
- Leading safety across all aspects of Park Operations;
- Working in conjunction with teams cross functionally.
- Other duties as required
- Suitably qualified by tertiary level qualification or relevant work experience.
- NZ First Aid certified, minimum Pre Hospital Emergency Care (PHEC);
- Current knowledge of the bike or adventure industry;
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to new systems;
- Willingness to work outdoors in challenging physical and weather conditions for extended periods;
- Experience with 4x4s and ATVs
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and public holidays regularly;
- An excellent working knowledge of the English language, written and oral;
- Awareness of Health and Safety and Risk Management Principles;
- Confident intermediate downhill rider with a willingness to progress and develop skills;
- Valid Full New Zealand's Drivers Licence;
- The legal right to work in New Zealand for the duration of your contract.
Competitive rates and great perks when you become part of the CAP team
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and Covering Letter to:
Applications for this role close Thursday 16th December