Patroller - Casual
You will be part of the patrol team at the Christchurch Adventure Park. Working within a team with the opportunity for rapid personal development across a range of outdoor and first aid skills. No two days will be the same and your position is an integral part of the Park being a success!
The duties and main requirements of your position are as follows:
Mandatory Requirement: PHEC - Pre Hospital Emergency Care or higher qualification - those without a minimum of PHEC will not be considered for the position.
Responsibilities and Duties (including but not limited to)
- Providing front-line interaction with guests in a high-pressure tourism business;
- Administering first aid in the outdoors in potentially challenging conditions;
- Due diligence in handling and recording of all incident report/information forms;
- Marking trails and maintaining signage in the bike park;
- Ensuring safe trail conditions are met for all guests and staff;
- Assisting Trail Crew in maintaining and repairing bike trails to ensure the safest possible experience with the least impact on the environment;
- Lift evacuation and rope access;
- Sweeping trails pre-opening and after the last chair;
- Working with Lift Operations to ensure the chairlift is operational before opening time;
- Providing first aid for extreme events;
- Providing daily weather reports;
- Updating trail status and conditions for public consumption;
- Working in conjunction with teams cross-functionally;
- Leading safety across all aspects of park operations.
- Experience preferred;
- Current knowledge of the bike industry;
- Minimum Intermediate-Advanced mountain biking competency.
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to new systems;
- Willingness to work outdoors in challenging physical conditions for extended periods;
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and public holidays regularly;
- Flexibility and willingness to participate in mandatory paid training at frequently scheduled intervals.
- An excellent working knowledge of the English language, written and oral;
- NZ First Aid certified minimum PHEC, preferably with experience providing first aid in an outdoor environment.
- Valid driver’s liscence with competence driving manual vehicles;
- Experience with ATV’s preferred;
- Training and technical debriefing an asset;
- The legal right to work in New Zealand for the duration of your contract;
- Passionate about providing our end consumer with the safest possible environment to progress on their bikes.
Competitive rates and great perks when you become part of the CAP team
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and Covering Letter to: