Being kitchen crew at CAP gives you the opportunity to show off your passion for great food. We deliver a high standard of service and customers are always our main focus. We want our customers to return again and again due to their fantastic culinary experience. Your position at CAP allows you to develop and enhance your love of creating superb food. Come and be part of the talented CAP café crew!
Your duties will include:
- Establishing and maintaining our reputation for excellent food.
- Working at a consistently high pace in a kitchen with high turnover and high standards.
- All aspects of kitchen work – from prepping to plating of dishes.
- Maintaining a high quality of cleanliness.
- Portion control.
- Managing shrinkage, including wastage.
- Ensuring all Food Safety records are properly completed and up-to-date.
- Ensuring food is kept fresh at all times through dating and rotation.
- Doing your bit to ensure CAP is a safe place to work.
- Working with suppliers as required.
- Coming up with new ideas for menus and specials.
- Maintaining a professional attitude at all times with customers and team mates.
- Proven experience as a senior chef working in a commercial kitchen.
- Flair for casual plating and cabinet presentation.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and multi task.
- Capable of ordering supplies and stocktaking goods.
- Experience complying with Food safety and Health and safety polices and requirements.
- Leading a shift as required.
- Menu development.
- High level of food hygiene and cleanliness.
- Excellent time management and punctuality.
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to new systems.
- Passionate about delivering awesome food.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and public holidays regularly.
- An excellent working knowledge of the English language, written and oral.
- The legal right to work in New Zealand for the duration of your contract.
- Being respectful to fellow team members.
Competitive rates and great perks when you become part of the CAP team
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and Covering Letter to