Zipline Guide (Full-time)
Would you like to spend your working day, hanging on a 1.1km Zipline, or travelling at 60km/h at 150m above the ground?
We have not one, but four great ziplines, all a bit different to amaze our guests. We have the highest and longest Ziplines in Aotearoa New Zealand, and with our dual lines our guests can race each other. Almost everyone can zipline, from young to old, individuals to corporate teams. Our Zipline Guides are key to ensuring our guests experience in a safe, fun and memorable way. We're looking for the successful candidate to have customers at the heart of everything they do.
We're looking for someone who has a great can-do attitude, ready to go the extra mile to provide our customers with a memorable, fun and safe experience.
Are you our next Zipline Guide?
The duties and main requirements of your position are as follows:
Duties (including but not limited to)
- Providing front-line interaction with guests in a high-pressure tourism business
- Taking Zipline tours daily
- Supporting guests in situations that are uncomfortable for them
- Encouraging guests in challenging outdoors situations
- Administering First Aid in outdoors and potentially challenging conditions
- Due diligence in handling and recording of all accident information forms
- Ensuring safe conditions are met for all guests and staff
- Working in conjunction with teams cross-functionally
- A minimum of six months previous work experience in customer-facing roles and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to speak confidently in-front of large groups essential
- Ability to keep a clear head under pressure
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to new systems
- Willingness to work outdoors in challenging physical conditions for extended periods
- Knowledge of the local area
- Mature outlook and professional manner
- Passion for the outdoors
- Previous experience in high ropes and/or rock climbing advantageous but not essential
- An excellent working knowledge of the English language, written and oral
- Additional languages and the ability to blend Māori language and culture in your guiding is a huge asset
- Clean and valid Full New Zealand's Drivers Licence and can drive a vehicle with a manual transmission
- Legally entitled to work in NZ for the duration of your contract
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and public holidays regularly
At CAP we are a community of like-minded positive, wholesome, and authentic people. CAP is experience focussed and therefore require a high level of conversational ability, to ensure everyone feels like they are part of this Community. We thrive on team spirit and working together towards common goals.
If you would feel at home in a place like this, we want to meet you!
Please send your CV and cover letter in to us outlining your alignment to the role.
Competitive rates and great perks when you become part of the CAP team.