We have a great opportunity for a strong, outgoing leader to bring their skills to the Christchurch Adventure Park Zip Crew.
We have not one, but four great ziplines, all a bit different to amaze our guests. We have the highest and longest Ziplines in Aotearoa New Zealand, and with our dual lines, our guests can race each other. Almost everyone can zipline, from young to old, individuals to corporate teams. Our Zipline Supervisor is key to ensuring the Zip Crew delivers an outstanding guest experience in a safe, fun and memorable way. We're looking for the successful candidate to have customers at the heart of everything they do. We're looking for someone who has a great can-do attitude, ready to go the extra mile, team leadership skills to motivate and lead the team, brings problem-solving skills, and has a warm and sociable personality.
If you've got these skills and have a background in the outdoor education or tourism industries we'd love to hear from you.
The Zipline Supervisor will:
- Provide outstanding front-line interaction for guests in a high-pressure tourism business
- Be a go-getter, seeing solutions not problems
- Supervise, lead and inspire the Zipline operation
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Zipline team including people management, managing budgets, accurate and timely recordkeeping
- Ensuring safety is key, with safe conditions and procedures met and adhered to for all guests and staff
- Strive to continually improve in safety, service, and job satisfaction
- To show professionalism and experience at all times, especially when Guiding
- Supporting and encouraging guests and guides in challenging outdoor environments
- To schedule and conduct regular maintenance checks of the Zipline and the surrounding structures
Zipline Supervisor Position Requirements
- A minimum of 12 months leading a team in a customer-facing role and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to keep a clear head under pressure
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to new systems
- Willingness to work outdoors in challenging physical conditions for extended periods
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and public holidays regularly
- An excellent working knowledge of the English language, written and oral
- Valid Full New Zealand's Drivers License; experience in driving 4x4 (off-road) even better
- Legally entitled to work in NZ for the duration of your contract
- Previous experience working in high ropes access or climbing related instruction.
This role is a senior position at the Christchurch Adventure Park. It's a full-time role –so are you the right candidate for the job?
Send your CV and a stand-out cover letter through to us.
Competitive rates and great perks when you become part of the CAP team.