The Phoenix Enduro

We have had a few questions around the status of the Phoenix Enduro and cancellations.

The information on this page is intended to provide all entrants and supporters with information regarding COVID-19 and the Phoenix Enduro.


Alert Levels 3 and 4 

  • We will postpone the event. Dates TBC.


Alert Level 2

  • Phoenix Enduro will go ahead. There will need to be some changes to the running of the event - mainly to manage the numbers gathering in any one place at any time. e.g race briefing maybe online rather than in person.
  • The overall schedule under AL2 will remain the same; 2 practice days and the race day on Saturday 23rd October.
  • All changes will be communicated to entrants once it is clear we will be running the event under AL2 restrictions.


Alert Level 1

  • The event will run as per originally planned.


COmplications / CAncellation

  • If any competitor finds themselves within an Alert Level 3 or 4 region at the time of the event, (e.g. Auckland AL4, Christchurch AL2)


  • In the unfortunate circumstance we cancel due to COVID-19 circumstances, and are unable to reschedule the event, all entrants will be given the following options,


  1. Transfer entry to 2022 event.
    • If you opt to transfer, email through simply saying transfer and we will do all the leg work and be in contact with information regarding 2022 Phoenix. Calendars from EWS still TBC.
  2. Donate your entry to CAP's Native Planting Fund.
    • Did you know, we have planted over 6,000 native plants within the Park? Your donation would go towards purchasing more native plants to aid in the Tui corridor project as well as of native plant bands along the hillside.
  3. Opt for a refund.
    • If none of the options above work, we can process a 75% refund of your entry fee. We will retain 25% in order to cover our non-refundable costs of licenses, traffic management, consents etc.

We will be in touch with competitors at the time once a decision has been made around cancelling.