Bike Instructor / Coach
We have a great opportunity for a motivated and outgoing bike instructor/coach to bring their skills to Christchurch Adventure Park's mountain bike crew. This role will be working directly with riders who are looking to learn and upskill, so we’re looking for that great positive lasting impression.
CAP is known locally and nationally for its outstanding mountain bike trails and experiences, and biking continues to be an area of significant growth for the business. We cater for beginners right through to advanced riders, as well as hosting international events and races.
Your role will involve helping to develop and grow our sport by introducing beginners, to advanced riders to the culture, through inspiring and enthusiastic sessions and lessons. Your teachings will ensure a top-notch experience for guests who will want to return and learn more. As an instructor, you will also be involved in some maintenance of equipment, bike trails and bookings.
The duties and main requirements of your position are as follows:
- Providing front-line interactions with guests in a high-pressure tourism business:
- Progressing client’s mountain biking skills;
- Supporting guests in situations that are uncomfortable for them.
- Encouraging guests in challenging outdoors situations;
- Administering First Aid outdoors, in potentially challenging conditions;
- Due diligence in the recording of all accident information forms;
- Ensuring safe conditions are met for all guests staff;
- Working in conjunction with teams cross-functionally.
- Bike Guiding certification: NZOIA, PMBIA, IDP or equivalent;
- Experience as a mountain bike instructor or coach;
- A minimum of six months previous work experience in a customer-facing role;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to run mountain biking skills sessions for all ages and abilities (within the boundaries of your held qualification)
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and public holidays regularly;
- Valid NZ first aid certification or Pre-Hospital Emergency Care.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and approach are a great fit for CAP.
TAKE ME BACK TO CAReers