Front of House Duty Manager
We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Christchurch Adventure Park crew as our Front of House Duty Manager. We're looking for someone with outstanding people and leadership skills to lead our cafe team. The successful candidate is someone who will give the same excellent service to the first person they serve each day and the last, and keep that positive professional demeanor with their team mates too.
The Front of House Duty Manager must have significant experience with strong leadership skills, and be 2IC to the Café Manager. You will form a strong and personable team who always put the customer first.
CAP is home to Aoteaora’s highest and longest ziplines, with mountain biking trails for all abilities, uphill walking trails, a retail shop and a chilled café. CAP’s ethos is one of active wellness – both physical and mental. Our crew love sharing the Adventure Park with our guests, and our Cafe team can leave a lasting impression of the Park. Working in a woodland setting and bring your leadership skills to make a positive impact at one of Christchurch's leading attractions.
Most of our guests will eat or drink at our cafe during their visit to the Park, so the cafe can get pretty busy during peak times. If you think you’ve got what it takes to create an awesome customer experience, and have a strong background in the cafe or tourism industries and happy to lead and learn then we want to hear from you.
Your duties will include:
- Establishing and maintaining CAPs reputation as the place to go for a quality meal and excellent customer service
- Working closely with the Café team, leading as a united team
- Management of staff
- Responsibility for alcohol consumption onsite
- Training of staff in the responsible serving of alcohol
- Supporting with the training and ongoing support of the front of house team to deliver excellent customer service
- Constantly looking at how CAP café can improve the customer experience and delivering to a high standard.
- All aspects of front of house service including barista and bar service; cleaning, serving and customer exceptional customer service
- Keeping the café gleaming
- Understanding and adherence to food hygiene and health & safety standards
- Ordering and working with suppliers as required
- Maintaining a safe working environment
- Managing events, working closely with customers, kitchen, guest services & any 3rd parties to ensure a seamless and smoothly run event
- Accountable for cash takings and till management. Authorisation of refunds if required
- Ability to manage potential conflict (either staff or intoxicated customers) ensuring professionalism at all time.
The Front of House Duty Manager must have a valid Duty Manager Certificate and needs to be available role is available evening and weekend shifts. We are able to offer an immediate start for the right candidate.
If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and cover letter clearly stating what role you are applying for to: