Guest Services / Lift Operator
We have a great opportunity for an outstanding people person to bring their skills to join our team in Guest Services and Lift Operations at the Christchurch Adventure Park.
We’re looking for someone who has our guests at the heart of all they do. Our Guest Services Lift Operator engages with guests more than any other role in the Adventure Park, so you’ll have a great can-do attitude and warm personality ready to go the extra mile for our guests. This is a newly created role which merges our guest services operations and our lift teams to ensure plenty of variety in your role. You’ll not only meet and greet customers in our ticketing office, you’ll also be helping the customers ride the lift. Great indoor / outdoor balance!
CAP is home to Aoteaora’s highest and longest ziplines, with mountain biking trails for all abilities, uphill walking trails, a retail shop and a chilled café. CAP’s ethos is one of active wellness – both physical and mental. Our crew love sharing the Adventure Park with our guests, and our Guest Services Lift Operations team are the primary impression of the Park.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to create an awesome customer experience, and have a strong background in the customer services or tourism industries and happy to learn then we want to hear from you.
- Positively representing the Park to all guests in all scenarios;
- Resolving customer concerns with empathy and understanding;
- Providing personalised customer service;
- Operation of lift in accordance with department procedures and policies;
- Assisting in loading, riding and unloading guests and bikes from chairlift.
- Leading safety for both guests and staff around all parts of the chairlift operation, including base area and top station loading and unloading zones.
- Working both independently and in a small team to accomplish daily tasks;
- Positive, bubbly and engaging guest-orientated mindset;
- Proven ability in front-facing guest experience roles;
- Ability to learn and adapt to new systems;
- Safety-focused approach with both guests and staff in mind;
- Experience working with chairlifts preferred;
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and public holidays regularly;
- The legal right to work in New Zealand for the duration of your contract;
- Passionate about the creating a positive guest experience outdoors.
We have two part-time roles available with negotiable minimum hours. Preference will be given to people who are available to work a Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday, or all the days! Weekend work also available.
We are offering a fixed term contract through to October, with an extension possible for the right person.
If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to