Mountain Bike Patroller
Get paid to ride your bike! We’re looking for an awesome and outgoing Bike Patroller to join our Patrol crew. This role is key to the smooth and safe running of the Christchurch Adventure Park and you’ll be interacting with our guests regularly so we need you to help stoke people out.
CAP is known locally and nationally for our outstanding mountain bike trails and experiences, and biking continues to be an area of significant growth for the business. We cater for beginners right through to advanced riders, as well as hosting international events and races.
Your role will involve ensuring we continue to provide safe trail conditions for our riders to enjoy. Should they get in trouble on the trails you’ll be part of the first response, so its essential you have great interpersonal skills and the ability to keep an injured rider calm in a pressured environment. Should you need to liaise with emergency services we need our patrollers to provide a clear, concise and professional handover.
As a Patroller you will also be involved with working on ropeways, signage and lift evacs.
If you’ve got the drive and commitment to join this essential crew at the Park then we would love to hear from you. Previous Patrol experience is highly favourable but not essential as we can provide training. So if you've got great experience mountain biking, guiding or a real passion for the outdoors with safety in mind then get in touch.
Duties will include:
- Providing front-line interaction with guests in a high-pressure tourism business
- Administering first aid in the outdoors in potentially challenging conditions
- Due diligence in handling and recording of all accident information forms
- Marking trails and maintaining signage in the bike park
- Ensuring safe trail conditions are met for all guests and staff
- Lift evacuation and rope access
- Sweeping trails pre-opening and after last chair
- Updating trail status and conditions for public awareness
- Working in conjunction with teams cross-functionally
- Leading safety across all aspects of park operations.
- Previous experience highly favourable including seasons of ski or bike patrolling - Tai Poutini Polytechnic Ski Patrol (Level 5) Certification ideal.
- PHEC certification minimum.
- Full NZ Drivers License (must be confident driving manual).
- Advanced level mountain bike rider.
- Willingness to work outdoors in challenging physical conditions for extended periods
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and public holidays regularly
- An excellent working knowledge of the English language, written and oral
We have both full-time and part-time roles available.
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and approach are a great fit for CAP, clearly stating if you're interested in full or part-time.
Note: All photos are from training exercises.