Mountain Bike Patroller
Part Time/Full Time
Get paid to ride your bike! We’re looking for outgoing Bike Patrollers to join our crew. This role is key to the smooth and safe running of the Christchurch Adventure Park and you’ll be interacting with our guests regularly so you will be responsible for keeping our guests stoked, and delivering our high-class Patrol response.
We currently have both part-time and full-time roles available in our Patrol team so read on.
Your role will involve ensuring we continue to provide safe trail conditions for our riders to enjoy. Should they get in trouble on the trails you’ll be part of the first response, so it’s essential you have great interpersonal skills and the ability to keep an injured rider calm in a pressured environment. Should you need to liaise with emergency services we need our patrollers to provide a clear, concise, and professional handover.
As a Patroller you will also be involved with working on ropeways, signage, and lift evacuations.
If you’ve got the drive and commitment to join this essential crew at the Park then we would love to hear from you.
Duties will include:
- Providing front-line interaction with guests in a high-pressure tourism business.
- Administering first aid in the outdoors in potentially challenging conditions.
- Due diligence in handling and recording of all incident information forms.
- Marking trails and maintaining signage in the bike park.
- Ensuring safe trail conditions are met for all guests and staff.
- Lift evacuation and rope access.
- The opening and closing of the Parks operation.
- Updating trail status and conditions for public awareness.
- Working in conjunction with teams cross-functionally.
- Leading safety across all aspects of park operations.
- Ski/ Bike Patrol experience or Tai Poutini Polytechnic Ski Patrol (Level 5) Certification favourable.
- Pre- Hospital Emergency Care (PHEC) certification.
- Full NZ Drivers License (must be confident driving manual).
- Advanced level mountain bike rider.
- Willingness to work outdoors in challenging physical conditions for extended periods.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and public holidays regularly.
- An excellent working knowledge of the English language, written and oral.
We are looking for a November 6 start for all roles to ensure adequate training before our busy summer period.
The full-time role is a fixed term November - February, with the potential for moving in to permanent for an outstanding candidate.
We also have fixed term part-time and casual positions starting at the same time.
All Patrollers will need to be available for evening and weekend shifts.
If you send a CV and a cover letter to us, outlining your fit for the role and why you want to work at CAP (not a generic "fire-off the CV" approach) then you're miles ahead of other candidates ... just saying!!
If this sounds like somewhere you'd like to work then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and cover letter clearly stating what role you are applying for to:
Applications close 13 October, we will be interviewing and appointing during October.