Mountain Bike School Supervisor
Bring your vision and passion of mountain biking to lead a world-class mountain bike school at the Christchurch Adventure Park. This newly created role will be ideal for a motivated person who is looking to bring their leadership, coaching and instructing skills to develop and deliver exceptional riding experiences for our customers.
The Mountain Bike School Supervisor will be a high profile role in the Park, working directly with our Head of Mountain Biking to take our bike school to the next level and beyond. We are encouraging this role to be bold and memorable for all the right reasons.
CAP is known locally, nationally and internationally for our outstanding mountain bike trails and experiences, and biking continues to be an area of significant growth for the business. We cater for beginners right through to advanced riders, as well as hosting international events and races.
Your role will involve developing and delivering the growth of our sport by introducing beginner to advanced riders to the culture, through inspiring and enthusiastic sessions and lessons. Your teachings will ensure a top knotch experience for guests who will want to return and learn more. As our Bike School Supervisor you will motivate the team, inspire the management team, and engage the customers.
We’re looking for someone with an engaging and approachable personality, and ambition to progress the department year on year. If you feel you have what it takes, and ready for the challenge we would love to hear from you.
The duties and main requirements of your position are as follows:
- Work closely with Head of Mountain Biking to develop and deliver a world class programme
- Day to day management of the bike school team; instructors from fulltime to casual
- Responsibility for training & upskilling of bike guides
- Managing customer bookings in line with Instructor availability
- Providing front-line interaction with guests in a high-pressure tourism business;
- Planning and developing marketing strategies to continually reach a wider audience and drive sales.
- Strong focus on sales – both direct & upselling
- Ensuring safe conditions are met for all guests and staff along with accurate and timely record keeping
- Continually striving to make CAP a World Class Venue
- Bike Guiding certification: IDP, PMBIA, or NZOIA; Minimum level 2
- Significant experience as a mountain bike coach; 3+ Years
- First Aid certified, PHEC qualification advantageous
- Proven ability to stay calm and positive in complex situations;
- Excellent working knowledge of current New Zealand H&S practices and standards;
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to new systems;
- Experience working outdoors in challenging physical conditions for extended periods;
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and public holidays regularly;
- The legal right to work in New Zealand for the duration of your contract;
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and approach are a great fit for CAP.
We’re looking for the candidate that will stand-out from the rest.
Please send your CV and Covering Letter to: email@example.com.